Welcome! I am a Professor in the Adult Education & Community Development Program at the University of Toronto. I am also a core faculty member of the Collaborative Program in Workplace Learning and Change.
Key themes in my research and teaching include:
- Immigration and the labour market experiences of professional migrants to Canada
- Processes of racialization and gendering in workplaces
- Economic globalization and the transnationalization of service work
- Low wage service workers in India
- Labour standards and their enforcement in Ontario.
- Welfare fraud policy and the criminalization of poverty
Youth labor market transitions in Singapore and Canada
Mirchandani, K., Mukherjee, S., Tambe, S. (forthcoming) Standing Out: The Hidden Informality of Service Workers in India’s Multinational Technology Sector (Oxford University Press)